There are many situations app developers do not want to encounter. One of those being the Apple Developer Portal out of commission. Unfortunately, that is currently taking place and putting app projects on hold.
Why is the Apple Developer Portal so important?
Mainly, it is required to submit apps for approval in the App Store. However, without this portal, app development companies cannot add devices to send builds, internally or to their clients, to test the apps. Therefore, apps are currently on hiatus until this matter is resolved, greatly impacting business for both parties.
Other significant reasons:
- Setting up App ID's for distribution through either AdHoc or iTunes
- Setting up development and distribution certificates
- Setting up provisioning profiles
- Developer forums
- Access to beta versions of iOS/Mac OS X
- Access to iOS documentation
- iTunes accounts did not get compromised, only developer accounts.
- No credit card information was retrieved by the hacker.
- They do not have a time frame on when the site will be available.